CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

beloved


I just returned from leading a retreat. 27 women spent the weekend pondering God’s love for them. It was an enlightening time. They recognized how He has been pursuing and desiring an intimate relationship with them.

Helping to move them into the space of receiving His love was the following piece by Lynne Hybels, called “Let Me Love You”:

Come away, God says. Yes you, come away and sit with me. Come and let me give you the gift of my presence. I want to share the stillness of this moment with you. I want to whisper words of kindness to you. I want to pour my infinitely rich and deep love into your very soul.

So come, let me love you. Let me love that part of you that believes you are valuable only while you are serving others. You are valuable for just who you are. You don’t have to keep running. You don’t have to prove your worth through frantic activity. Let me love that part of you that is weary and needs to rest. Listen, listen as I tell you to drop your burdens right now, and rest like a child in the presence of a loving Father.

So come. Sit with me. Let me love you.


May you rest in His love today….

Grace and peace,
Deb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very very beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes. Thanks.

Jan said...

Thank you, Deb. Lovely.