CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 31, 2008


“Contemplative prayer is listening prayer. It is attentiveness. Sometimes when our children talk with us, we wish that they would just listen to us.

That’s what contemplative prayer is. It’s being all ears to what the Father has to say to us. It’s very simple. We are becoming attentive to God. God is interested in us and what we have to say. We learn to become interested in what God has to say to us.”

Richard Foster

In any healthy relationship, there is two way conversation. For many years, my relationship with God revolved around me doing all the talking. It never occurred to me to listen! Now, 90% of my intentional time with God is spent listening. I hear much more and feel the need to talk much less.

Try spending at least half of your time with God today, listening. You may be amazed at what you hear.

Grace and peace,
Deb

1 comments:

Jan said...

Good suggestion, Deb. And I always love what Richard Foster says. Thanks.