CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

true love


I wonder what would happen if I truly believed that Jesus loved me without measure. You may think it strange that I would even think such a thought, but I have a reason. I know, intellectually that Jesus does love me beyond what I will ever be able to comprehend. But living in that truth, day in and day out, is a different matter. I am able to grasp it for fleeting moments, like holding water in my hands.

I think part of it is living in a fallen world. I don’t think I can ever fully understand the depth of His love for me because everything runs through my corrupted grid. Even though it has been renewed because of my love for God, it is still part of this broken world. Then there is the fact that I’ve never experienced a pure love. I have had the privilege of being love deeply by some of the people in my life but I have also been on the receiving end of manipulative and damaging “love” and so it is hard to have a vision of what God’s love for me really looks like.

I want to live into it….I want to rest completely in it. I try to think what would be different if I did. How would I treat others? How would I treat myself? How would I view difficulties and losses? How would I see my blessings?

I think I can start by allowing myself to think about this every morning. To say it to myself and to reflect on it…and to ask God to move it deeply into my heart. I think that is a prayer that He would love to answer.

Grace and Peace,
Deb

0 comments: