CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

crazy busy


Recently, God has been speaking to me about busyness; about going from one thing to another. I’ve had to take a look at why I feel a need to be busy and I think it comes from insecurity. I think I feel as if I have something to prove…wanting others to see that I am worthy. Believing the lie that the busier I am, the more important I am.

I am thinking God wants me to look at why I need this affirmation…why isn’t what He thinks of me enough? I need to spend some time reflecting on this and discerning how He wants me to respond.

Sometimes, this is the result of sitting in silence with God. I hear things, if I am willing, that may not be what I want to hear but what I need to hear. My only desire is to be as close to Jesus as I can be and that means I need to look at the shadow side of my heart. God speaks to me about these things in a very gentle way. When I hear harsh messages I know they are either my own voice or the voice of the enemy. God only speaks to me with love.

I invite you to be willing to listen to God’s voice…no matter what He wants to say because He only wants what is best and He loves you more than you can imagine.

Blessings,
Deb

0 comments: