CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

ponder


”But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.”

Luke 2:19


Ponder. Not a word we hear a lot these days. What does it mean? Here’s a dictionary definition:

Ponder:
~to consider something deeply and thoroughly; meditate

~ to weigh carefully in the mind; consider thoughtfully

Mary knew that what had been told to her was very, very precious. I think she knew that there would be times in her life when it would be important for her to remember those words, those moments when she first said yes to God. There would be wonderful times as she watched him grow from an infant into a little boy. Then there would be terrifying times as she heard the news of his arrest, and witnessed the events that followed.

I wonder what I treasure in my heart...what do I ponder? What do I take so seriously, feel so deeply, experience as God moving me in my spirit? I know that I do not ‘ponder’ enough. I don’t take the time to think deeply, often enough. And because of that I miss things that God has for me. I miss experiencing a more intimate relationship with Him.

I want this to change. I want to be captured by words or thoughts so much that I won’t let go of them. I want to hold them close and mediate on them.

I encourage you today to think about what you hold in your heart…what do you ponder? Is it thoughts about Jesus? I invite you to enter into Scripture slowly today. Take a verse and allow it to sink deep. Treasure what God shares with you, in your heart and ponder it for as longs as God leads….it will change who you are.

Grace and Peace,
Deb

0 comments: