CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 24, 2011

living life


“The great affair, the love affair with life, is to live as variously as possible, to groom one’s curiosity like a high-spirited thoroughbred, climb abroad, and gallop over thick, sun- struck hills every day. Where there is no risk, the emotional terrain is flat and unyielding, and despite all its dimensions, valleys, pinnacles, and detours, life will seem to have none of its magnificent geography, only a length. It began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between.”

Diane Ackerman

What life like for you? Something to be endured or something to be explored? I can find myself caught up in the drudgery of everyday, ordinary life and things can begin to creep in…like discontentment, frustration, envy, weariness….you get the picture. It can seem dull and dreary. Black and white.

And then, there are times when I feel as if I am awakened to the mystery and beauty that is my life. Everywhere I look, I am surprised by beauty, by glory, by breathtaking views, and marvelous made individuals. I open my eyes and the world is full of color, texture and adventure.

What has changed? Nothing except my perspective. I want to have a great love affair with life...with my life. Even on those days that hold pain and sorrow, valleys and detours, I want to drink it in and be aware of each moment, noticing how the God of the universe is meeting me in the midst of it.

I invite you take a few minutes today and pay attention to how you are looking at your life. If you notice that it is black and white, offer a prayer to God asking Him to show the beauty that lies below the surface. If your life is awash in color, stop for moment and offer a prayer of thanks.

Consider living in the moment and galloping over the sun-struck hills that are the landscape of your life, a savage and beautiful country.

Grace and peace ~
Deb

photo by Cuba Gallery http://www.flickr.com/photos/cubagallery/3962027734/

0 comments: