CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 28, 2011

being in 'the flow'

"Faith does not need to push the river because faith is able to trust that there is a river. The river is flowing. We are in it."

— Richard Rohr

I have a friend who speaks of being ‘in the flow’. What she means by this is being in rhythm with the Holy Spirit. She stops and asks, ‘What seems like the next right thing to do?” She pauses and listens. Sometimes she senses what she should be doing and sometimes there is no indication and she feels a freedom to do what she might want to do.

I am learning to be in the flow…to notice when I am letting go and allowing God to lead. Noticing the twists and turns, the rocks and obstacles, the whirlpools and eddys. Places of incredible beauty and places of danger. The thrill of the rapids and the easy, slow pace of the gentle current. I am trying to stop and notice where I am in the flow.

Right now, there is a bend in the river up ahead. I can’t see around the bend but I am trusting that God knows that whatever it is, it is just what I need for this point in my life.

Are you in the flow? Have you taken time to notice where you might be in the river? Are you in a place of trust or a place of pushing? Perhaps this is an invitation from God to just begin to notice…..

Grace and peace,
Deb

1 comments:

Carol S. said...

Prov 4:11