CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 29, 2010

relationships


“If our contemplation or ‘loving union with God’ does not result in a loving union with people, then it is, as John 4: 7-21 says so eloquently, not true.”

Peter Scazzero
Emotionally Healthy Spirituality

How often I ask myself if I am living what I teach. Am I more loving towards others? Do I give them the benefit of the doubt or am I looking for reasons to criticize? Do I make room for a difference of opinion? Do I trust them or look for reasons to mistrust? Am I defensive? Am I willing to listen? To consider? Am I willing to reach out? To remain open or form an opinion that closes off communication? Do I label behavior without asking if my perception might be different than what was intended? Do I feel threatened by another’s success? Or power? Or opinion?

For me, how I love others is directly connected to how well I am doing in my relationship with God. How do you answer some of these questions? How are you doing at loving others? Consider spending some time today with God reviewing your relationships. I will be.

Grace and peace,
Deb









photo by Steve Snodgrass
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevensnodgrass/4368622046/