CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 13, 2009

push


Have you ever sensed that God has given you a vision of what He might have in store for you? You can see bits and pieces but not the whole. You wonder what it is that you are to be doing…what is your part in making the vision come to be.
I am in such a place in my life. I sense there is something coming but I can’t quite see the whole. I’ve been asking questions like, “God….what do you want me to do?”, or “What is the next step?” I’ve stressed over making the ‘right’ decisions or trying to make the pieces fit together.
The other day while I was journaling about this, I remembered the story of Sarah and Abraham. God had promised them a child (she, at least, knew what she was waiting for). But, she couldn’t see HOW it would come about. She was too old to conceive. They had been waiting for a very long time and she had no idea when it would happen. As she tried to put her pieces together, she came up with the plan which was to have Hagar sleep with Abraham in order to have a child. Maybe that’s what God had in mind! Sarah pushed into the vision, the promise and found a way, her way to make it happen. What a hot mess that turned out to be.
I have been trying to discern what God is leading me towards. I have some clues but nothing definitive. I think, in some ways, I am like Sarah. I am trying to figure out how God will do what seems out of reach for me. I work on all the angles and then realize I am looking for my Hagar. I am trying to make it happen.
I don’t want to do this. I want to trust what God has laid on my heart and then wait and watch to see how He will bring it about. It doesn’t mean that I won’t move when He says move but it does mean that I will wait for Him to set the pace. No pushing, no straining to figure things out. If it is what He wants, then I know I will see it when He brings it into focus.
What dreams or visions has He given to you? What is it like in the waiting? Are you pushing….or observing? Consider spending some time with God today paying attention to what He might be showing you and how you might be responding to it.

Grace and peace,
Deb

2 comments:

Flamingo said...

holy cow lady!!!! you have NOOOO idea how much this is speaking to me to right now! to wait and not move is very difficult for those of us with nervous energy. i find i pray for a day or 2 or maybe even a week and them i'm looking around for "the answer".:) lol

beautifully written. thank you for the reminder to not go and find my Hagar. uuugh...after all these years I STILL have so much learning to do:)

deb said...

Flamigo Mama,
Thanks for commenting. I think ALL of us struggle with this. It's hard for us to accept that 'Hagar' isn't the answer....but waiting has to be so much better. Enjoy the mystery you find in the waiting.....

Again...thanks for sharing.
Deb