CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

prayer


Last night I had a conversation with someone about prayer. We were talking about how she had been praying and praying for something to happen and not understanding why God wasn't answering. The question came up, "What do you think God may be asking of you in regard to this prayer?" and "Do you think you have an expectation about how He will answer it...what that will look like?" I could ask these questions because I have lived them.

Then, just this morning, God brought something to my attention that I had been praying about for years. In the past couple of weeks, things have happening and that prayer is coming to pass. But you know what? I almost missed it. Not only that, I was frustrated by what was happening, not seeing it as an answer to prayer but experiencing it as something negative. Because the answer didn't come in the way I had expected, I nearly missed it. ( God always surprises me. He never does things the way I think He should...thank goodness!) Once I realized this I was able to let go of the frustration and thank Him for the answer, which is beyond anything I had imagined.

Today I am thankful for answered prayer, no matter what shape or form it takes and for those conversations with others that God uses to bring clarity to our own relationship with Him.

Peace,
Deb

0 comments: