CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

community


I want you to know that writing this blog has been such a pleasure to do. There are mornings when I think, "What am I going to write about??" But, God always gives me something. You have been so faithful in responding and making comments. I love reading your thoughts and how the entries are resonating with you.

Our “life with God” has this beautiful, intimate, personal component….meeting with Him in silence and solitude and having an on-going dialogue with Him all day. But it has another side as well – fellowship and community. God did not design us to live isolated lives. Although different than what we would experience on a Sunday morning, our ‘blog’ community can be rich as well. I would encourage you to respond to each other. As others write comments that impact you, write and let them know, or share a similar story of how God is working in you. I will be doing the same. I LOVE all the comments but there have been some that have moved me to respond. We can share joy with those who are seeing God in new and wonderful ways and we can encourage those who are struggling.

If what you what to share is painful and you need a bit more distance, you can click on ‘anonymous’ and then write your thoughts.

And….I know for a fact, that there are a couple of guys reading with us. This is not a women’s only site. The majority of us are women but we welcome the guys who want to walk more closely with God in this way. Guys…feel free to comment. We welcome your perspective as well.

We are on this adventure together….

Peace,
Deb

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Deb. I want to become more faithful with responding from time to time. It is a wonderful avenue to communicate with our family in Christ.

Kimberly Preske said...

Dear Deb,
I am so blessed by our friendship and your contemplative writings each day. The world of blogging has become a wonderful extension of our local church community with others far beyond our geographic location, a place where God has been healing my wounds and stregthening my wings. I truly treasure the diversity among our online community. God is far bigger than I can fathom. Love, Kimberly

deb said...

Ladies,

Thank you for your comments. You have no idea how God uses you and your responses to speak to my heart.

Thank you for being willing to share your thoughts...

grace and peace,
Deb

Anonymous said...

I agree. We are all on this journey together. I don't mean to be so "anonymously anonymous" but I think that God's message through me is far more important than I. I will try to comment more.