CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 25, 2011

surrender


“All you know is that you are being led, being guided, being loved, being used, being prayed through – and you are no longer in the driver’s seat.”

Richard Rohr, The Naked Now

This is surrender. We don’t work our way into this place. We offer ourselves to it. We can put practices into place that remind us to surrender, remind us to open ourselves completely to God. Only in vulnerability and abandon can we create space for the Spirit to move and to transform us.

What does surrender look like to you? Consider making this quote into a prayer –

God –
I desire to be led, I want to be guided, I yearn to be loved, I chose to be used and I long to be prayed through. Continue to teach me how to get myself out of the way and stand amazed at Your work in and through me.

Photo by Helje http://www.flickr.com/photos/helje/4411190782/

0 comments: