CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 26, 2010

pour


"The deepest delight is to participate with another in a delight that we have had a small hand in bringing to pass. To create opportunity for another to know joy is regenerating both for the giver and for the one who receives, and the combined joy is a gift we return to the Creator for offering us such bounty in his creation."
Dan Allender ~ Sabbath

Occasionally I sit to reflect on those who have had a significant impact in my life. There are those people who have invested in me. And I, in turn, have invested in others. Allender is right that the participating in allowing others to know joy, is one of the deepest delights known. When I see those I have poured into fly, well it just doesn't get much better than that.

Who has poured into you? Do they know they have impacted you or how their influence has changed your life? And who are you pouring into? Who has experienced joy because you took the time to give of yourself? Consider spending some time today reflecting on these things. Then thank God for the part others have played for you and for the part you are playing for others.

grace and peace,
Deb

2 comments:

Jane said...

Wow..this could'nt have been more timely. One of those people and the first person to have a significant impact in my Christian walk, passed away on friday. He was absolutely "Jesus with skin on" for me...he never gave up pursuing me for Christ and for that I am eternally grateful. I was able to tell him how impactful he was and how deeply thankful I was that he said Yes to the Holy
Spirits prompting. He was a very humble man and told me that it wasn't him...that it was all about Jesus...not about Morgan. I needed him to take responsibility...for his Yes...and he made me realize that I too needed to take responsibility for my Yes. Because Morgan took his responsibility to speak the truth to me...I in turn have had the pleasure to do the same for countless others. I am so blessed because of the legacy of my life that was started with him...and led to many others pouring into me and continuing the work...including you Deb..I am so thankful for you....and also your Yes.
I am heartbroken...and tear flow as I write this...not for Morgan...but for me...it feels like a part of my foundation has crumbled...I know that this isn't real...I should be celebrating with the angels...but I feel a deep, deep loss. Im just so grateful that I was able to tell him...before he left...what he meant to me.

deb said...

Jane, I am so sorry for your loss....I knew Morgan - not well but I did know who he was. May you have a deep sense of God's love and comfort as you grieve this loss.
Love,
Deb