CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 12, 2010

family


The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.

~Erma Bombeck


Jeff’s family is an awesome group of people. His parents have built a legacy of love and faith. Each one of the kids and their spouses love God. There are stellar four kids…three sons and one daughter. Each has an incredible spouse - I am one of them.  Between us we have 14 children, and 7 grandchildren ranging in age from 17 to 5 weeks - and we have only just begun….well, not ‘us’ but our children!
I wondered several times, while we were together, how many families can spend a week together and really enjoy each other’s company. We tease, we share, we laugh…we laugh a lot. Some of us get up early and others sleep in. We definitely have different personalities but I think we appreciate the differences. For me, it may be extra special because Jeff and I are the ones who live in another state. I look forward to catching up.
To this group of individuals I am bonded to…and will be for the rest of my life – I love you and thank you for a wonderful week of doing life together.

Deb

Tomorrow – the longggggggggg trip home.

0 comments: