CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 3, 2009

relationships


This past week, I was reading a book and came across a section that talked about women reflecting the character of God. This is something that I have always known. I’ve been taught it for years. I, as a woman, reflect God. But how? How exactly, do I do this as a female?

Women are designed for relationship. We love relationships. Even those of you who are introverts love to know that you are loved, that there are people who want to be with you, spend time with you.

Generally, women show love in a relational way. We give, we nurture, we comfort. The authors of Captivating, share that women, uniquely reflect the relational character of God.

God created me for relationship with Him. He longs for me to love Him, to desire relationship with Him. Jesus said, in Mark 12:30, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” See it? It’s all about relationship.

There have been times when I have mentioned, in various settings, that I would like more ‘community’ or connectedness. I am relational and although I like my time alone, I like to be with people. I work better when I can be in relationship with those I work and interact with. Others don’t always feel that need. I could interpret that as if there must be something wrong with me that I need more relationship, as if it were a weakness.

But, when I read the passage in Captivating, I was amazed. It brought back the reality that God, at His core, is relational. Relationships are extremely important to Him and they were paramount to Jesus. It is a legitimate desire and longing and God loves that it is important to me to build a closer, more intimate, relationship with him and with others.

Today, love your status as a woman in God’s eyes…you have been created for relationship. Beautifully reflect that aspect of God’s character.

Blessings,
Deb

0 comments: