CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 9, 2009

love


“I began to wonder if becoming a Christian did not work more like falling in love than agreeing with a list of true principles.”

Donald Miller

I just returned from a retreat where we focused on God’s love for us…not as a group but individually. Most of the women there have known Jesus for years, but few of them have fallen in love with Him or feel deeply loved by Him. I have had the privilege of witnessing the transformation that has occurred when I began to grasp that I am deeply loved by God. When I began to feel that He loved me, intimately, uniquely, I could begin to trust Him with my entire heart. I could trust Him with my family, my calling, my fears, my hurts, my insecurities……you fill in the blank. As I feel more secure in His love, I won’t scream for recognition, be undone by slights, be jealous over the accomplishments of others. I long for this. I see it happening on some days and fall woefully short on others.
How is it between you and Jesus? Do you know a lot about Him but struggle to feel His love? Ask Him to allow you to abandon yourself to Him, to become so secure in His love that you will stop looking to other things to fulfill you.

Grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: