CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

love


“All your love, your stretching out, your hope, your thirst, God is creating in you so that God may fill you…God is on the inside of the longing.”
Maria Boulding

This has been a new concept for me to wrap my brain around the past couple of years. I always thought I was the one trying to get closer to God…that it was my idea. Several years ago, when I began to explore a more contemplative spirituality, I truly thought that I was seeking a closer relationship with God. Now, I look at it differently. I have come to understand that the reason I desire a more intimate relationship with God is because He is stirring that within me. His desire to have intimacy with me is causing my desire to have intimacy with Him. Isn’t that an amazing thought?

In reality, it really isn’t a new thought to me at all. For thirty years of walking with Jesus, I have read and heard this verse:

"We love Him, because He first loved us."
(I John 4:19, Amplified Bible)

It’s like I never really ‘got it’ until recently. It makes perfect sense though doesn’t it? That everything good originates with God. I can only do or want good things because of the work of the Holy Spirit in my life.
I am in awe today, reflecting on the fact, that the God of the universe, the creator of all good things, desires to have a deeper, more intimate relationship with me. That makes me want to run to Him, to spend time with Him and to please Him with my life.

He wants that with you too……

Grace and Peace,
Deb

0 comments: