CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 4, 2009

rhythm


I did something this weekend I have not done before. I went on retreat. I often lead retreats and I have been on retreats before but never alone. Solitary. I was not sure what to expect but I was looking forward to it.

There was a lovely rhythm to the days. Sleeping, reading, journaling, listening to classical music. Being in simple but beautiful surroundings. Being alone. Being in nature. Being with God. Just being.

It wasn't all easy but it was beautiful. I had some tough moments...tears come easily when you create some space....but it was good.

If you've never taken the time to do a weekend away, consider it. Or you might want to start with an hour or two...or maybe even half a day. In any case, take some time away from your normal pace of life...slow down....rest....read...take a walk....listen to the still small voice of God.

Create a new rhythm in your life.

grace and peace,
Deb

0 comments: