CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

forgiveness


"Not forgiving is like swallowing rat poison and waiting for the rat to die.”

Anne Lamott
Living in a state of unforgiveness is poison to my soul. Why do I think that continuing to hold something against someone else hurts them? The reality is that often they don’t even know that I am upset. I’ve kept it to myself and feed it just a little each time I see them. Or, what about those things I am holding from years ago?

Although it is true that I can release someone else by forgiving them, the one I truly set free is me.

There is an antidote for the poison of unforgiveness….let it go.

Grace and peace,
Deb

2 comments:

Carol said...

Amen....

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just heard that saying last week in a sermon about holding grudges. It seems so simple but it is so true!